Merewether Golf Club consulted their members to determine what direction the club should take in terms of best land use. The members agreed to future development including Seniors Living facilities and a new clubhouse. In support of the development and rejuvenation of the course, Merewether Golf Club engaged Catalyst to initiate concept designs and a Course Masterplan with the following key targets;
- The course to become a 9 + 9 hole split in place of the current 8 + 10 configuration
- Current 17th hole to become the new finishing hole so members and guests can watch players as they finish their last hole
- Minimal disruption to the course playability during construction
- A minimum of a par 70 (men’s) course at completion, ideally maintaining a par 70 throughout (72 for women).
In support of the development and Course Masterplan, Catalyst have been entrusted to;
- Deliver a new course maintenance facility
- Deliver temporary facilities during construction of clubhouse and seniors living
- Investigate water strategy improvement options
- Explore land acquisition opportunities
- Procure power line relocation
What did we do?